die another day
apsa hsc was soooo cool.
ok so after programming got their ish done at the work party, the day off was hectic. I joined Security because i never done it before and it sounded very "me", cause i can regulate if necessary >=P
Assignment 1: Library Walk (7:45am)
So in the morning i was assigned by Jane (known as "yes ma'am" throughout the day) to go to the corner of library walk and direct students down the stairs to registration. Joseph came by so i wasn't alone. Jon gave us cards so we played Pusoy Dos while the students came on by. I got to see all the students who came in so that was cool.
Assignment 2: Library Walk (9:00am)
We moved from the top of the stairs to the top of the hill, which was only like a few feet. Nothing new.
Assignment 3: Parking Meters (10:00am)
Going down to the parking lot, we had to make sure the reserved spots weren't taken by random people who ignore "reserved" signs. HELLO, you'd think someone would be able to understand "reserved" doesn't mean "free parking". So others and I had to stand there in the parking lot to turn away all the cars. It was fun cause I could mad-dog everyone who drove by, but then again it was hella boring at times. I was there for two and a half hours, standing there as my knees started getting wobbly.
Assignment 4: Library walk (12:30pm)
We had to make sure nobody left library walk during lunch. And for some reason, they all wanted to go to the library. So i had to regulate on them and push them back behind the caution tape, telling them not to be trying to leave the area. It was funny when people kept trying to walk on through, cause i had to keep pointing them back the other way.
Assignment 5: Bookstore (1:45pm)
We had to make sure nobody skipped their workshops and hid in the bookstore. So as students went inside we had to make sure they eventually came out. This shift was cool because Stacy and other people came by to keep me company.
Assignment 6: Hot Pursuit (2:30pm)
Jas reported the escape of 5 students. I joined Jeff in a manhunt along the 3rd floor of the Price Center. We scoured the rooms and cleared them. This was my favorite part because it felt like a game of CS or something. Anyway he went back down to take care of HSC and i went down to continue searching the Price Center. I looked in the bookstore, and looked in the PC Theatre and the Game Room and the SAAC Lounge. I checked the S&E library, the FVL library, the ACS Comp lab in the library, i checked the library main floor, i checked 8th floor 7th floor 6th floor 5th floor 4th floor, and walked down the hill to the ATMs and back to the PC. Found nobody. And then i finally found them: on my cell phone. One of them called me and said she left early with the rest of the people from her club. They said they told their facilitators so it was ok cause they weren't coming back for the dance anyway.
Assignment 7: Bouncer (4:45pm)
I watched the caution tape outside the staff entrance to the PC Ballroom. I let in all the staff and students who were allowed to return, and let out anyone who needed to leave. It was a pretty fun shift.
Assignment 8: Fire Alarms I (5:25pm)
While hereandnow performed, we had to make sure the fire alarms were safe. Not too hard since all the students were focused on them instead.
Assignment 9: Game Room (7:00pm)
With Joseph back, we had to watch the Gameroom to make sure nobody came in. People kept trying to get in so we had to keep pushing them back out. To make it interesting we let them go inside and make it a few feet, then we pushed them back out. They thought they made it through, but then we regulated them back out.
Assignment 10: Fire Alarms II (7:45pm)
Watch the fire alarms in the PC Ballroom to make sure nobody pulls them. I got to watch Entertainment at least, so that was cool. Some students came to chill in the back of the ballroom so I had to make sure they didn't reach over behind my back and yank the alarm. Not too difficult.
And that was it for the day as Security. I went to get my lights and towel and then tore up a few high school students on the dance floor, muahahahaha. At the end of the day, Pat with his video camera asked, "so how was security". I told him that, after going through hours upon hours of standing, watching, walking, more standing, AND MORE STANDING, my knees hurt like shit, and i now have a newfound respect for the NYPD FDNY and other people who have to secure even larger venues than this.
While taking pictures at the end of the day, all the hs girls were swarming Vic, cause they obviously like the chinese thing yet he dances like a filipino. So now he has three girlfriends, but he won't share with his mentee Soap nor his mentor Aldrin! That bastard, haha. At least i got their eMail addresses.
ok time to get to work, start school and ish.
apsa hsc was soooo cool.
ok so after programming got their ish done at the work party, the day off was hectic. I joined Security because i never done it before and it sounded very "me", cause i can regulate if necessary >=P
Assignment 1: Library Walk (7:45am)
So in the morning i was assigned by Jane (known as "yes ma'am" throughout the day) to go to the corner of library walk and direct students down the stairs to registration. Joseph came by so i wasn't alone. Jon gave us cards so we played Pusoy Dos while the students came on by. I got to see all the students who came in so that was cool.
Assignment 2: Library Walk (9:00am)
We moved from the top of the stairs to the top of the hill, which was only like a few feet. Nothing new.
Assignment 3: Parking Meters (10:00am)
Going down to the parking lot, we had to make sure the reserved spots weren't taken by random people who ignore "reserved" signs. HELLO, you'd think someone would be able to understand "reserved" doesn't mean "free parking". So others and I had to stand there in the parking lot to turn away all the cars. It was fun cause I could mad-dog everyone who drove by, but then again it was hella boring at times. I was there for two and a half hours, standing there as my knees started getting wobbly.
Assignment 4: Library walk (12:30pm)
We had to make sure nobody left library walk during lunch. And for some reason, they all wanted to go to the library. So i had to regulate on them and push them back behind the caution tape, telling them not to be trying to leave the area. It was funny when people kept trying to walk on through, cause i had to keep pointing them back the other way.
Assignment 5: Bookstore (1:45pm)
We had to make sure nobody skipped their workshops and hid in the bookstore. So as students went inside we had to make sure they eventually came out. This shift was cool because Stacy and other people came by to keep me company.
Assignment 6: Hot Pursuit (2:30pm)
Jas reported the escape of 5 students. I joined Jeff in a manhunt along the 3rd floor of the Price Center. We scoured the rooms and cleared them. This was my favorite part because it felt like a game of CS or something. Anyway he went back down to take care of HSC and i went down to continue searching the Price Center. I looked in the bookstore, and looked in the PC Theatre and the Game Room and the SAAC Lounge. I checked the S&E library, the FVL library, the ACS Comp lab in the library, i checked the library main floor, i checked 8th floor 7th floor 6th floor 5th floor 4th floor, and walked down the hill to the ATMs and back to the PC. Found nobody. And then i finally found them: on my cell phone. One of them called me and said she left early with the rest of the people from her club. They said they told their facilitators so it was ok cause they weren't coming back for the dance anyway.
Assignment 7: Bouncer (4:45pm)
I watched the caution tape outside the staff entrance to the PC Ballroom. I let in all the staff and students who were allowed to return, and let out anyone who needed to leave. It was a pretty fun shift.
Assignment 8: Fire Alarms I (5:25pm)
While hereandnow performed, we had to make sure the fire alarms were safe. Not too hard since all the students were focused on them instead.
Assignment 9: Game Room (7:00pm)
With Joseph back, we had to watch the Gameroom to make sure nobody came in. People kept trying to get in so we had to keep pushing them back out. To make it interesting we let them go inside and make it a few feet, then we pushed them back out. They thought they made it through, but then we regulated them back out.
Assignment 10: Fire Alarms II (7:45pm)
Watch the fire alarms in the PC Ballroom to make sure nobody pulls them. I got to watch Entertainment at least, so that was cool. Some students came to chill in the back of the ballroom so I had to make sure they didn't reach over behind my back and yank the alarm. Not too difficult.
And that was it for the day as Security. I went to get my lights and towel and then tore up a few high school students on the dance floor, muahahahaha. At the end of the day, Pat with his video camera asked, "so how was security". I told him that, after going through hours upon hours of standing, watching, walking, more standing, AND MORE STANDING, my knees hurt like shit, and i now have a newfound respect for the NYPD FDNY and other people who have to secure even larger venues than this.
While taking pictures at the end of the day, all the hs girls were swarming Vic, cause they obviously like the chinese thing yet he dances like a filipino. So now he has three girlfriends, but he won't share with his mentee Soap nor his mentor Aldrin! That bastard, haha. At least i got their eMail addresses.
ok time to get to work, start school and ish.

<< Home