i went with my mom and dad to IKEA.
wtf, that is the single most confusing store in North American and Europe. I mean sure, there's a lot of stuff, but the system is whack. You gotta be going down to self service to get the parts to your furniture (and btw, it's not guaranteed ALL the parts are available). And there's SO MANY DAMN PEOPLE. Hmm, the price of success.
Anyway I picked up an AKROBAT beech veneer wall unit, and also this desk made by i forgot who. Man, my room smells so nice now with the fresh hardwood scent pervading the air. So with an old bookcase that we took out of the family room, the new wall unit and desk, it looks like i finally have a place to get my work done. Because I am a commuter. yay. commuting.
My roommate last year Jel asked if I wanted to hit up his apartment for $400 a month. Knowing that I don't have a job, i have to depend on my parents for expenses. And yeah you have that deal where it's like "we'll pay for your stuff, just concentrate on studying". Actually, the past 2 years on campus i have spent WAY too much time partying. Lots of dances, lots of extra curriculars, lots of time online, not enough studying. So if it were to come down to an argument that "living close would help me study", I just disproved that fact with my performance @ school so far. What a crappy GPA, i'm out of the running for grad school completely. No i'm not on AP, but it's like, i could have done so much better.
That's why it was cool to talk to the other EE people at joseph's party, because I know that at least there are others who are going through the same thing in this horrid major.
wtf, that is the single most confusing store in North American and Europe. I mean sure, there's a lot of stuff, but the system is whack. You gotta be going down to self service to get the parts to your furniture (and btw, it's not guaranteed ALL the parts are available). And there's SO MANY DAMN PEOPLE. Hmm, the price of success.
Anyway I picked up an AKROBAT beech veneer wall unit, and also this desk made by i forgot who. Man, my room smells so nice now with the fresh hardwood scent pervading the air. So with an old bookcase that we took out of the family room, the new wall unit and desk, it looks like i finally have a place to get my work done. Because I am a commuter. yay. commuting.
My roommate last year Jel asked if I wanted to hit up his apartment for $400 a month. Knowing that I don't have a job, i have to depend on my parents for expenses. And yeah you have that deal where it's like "we'll pay for your stuff, just concentrate on studying". Actually, the past 2 years on campus i have spent WAY too much time partying. Lots of dances, lots of extra curriculars, lots of time online, not enough studying. So if it were to come down to an argument that "living close would help me study", I just disproved that fact with my performance @ school so far. What a crappy GPA, i'm out of the running for grad school completely. No i'm not on AP, but it's like, i could have done so much better.
That's why it was cool to talk to the other EE people at joseph's party, because I know that at least there are others who are going through the same thing in this horrid major.

<< Home