Tuesday, December 02, 2003

posers!

my dad introduced me to the World Series of Poker tournaments on ESPN a few months ago, and I got really into it. Like our entire family would watch it because it's educational about poker and very dramatic sometimes. You get to learn the players (like the Devilfish Dave Ulliott and the Tiger Woods of Poker, Phil Hellmuth Jr).

But now there are TONS of ripoffs now. I'm watching Celebrity Poker on Bravo, and omg what kind of commercialization is that. The celebrities talk too freakin much, and they cut to the announcers waaaaaaaaaaaay too much to the point where I want to like, just hold up a black piece of paper and cut them out of view. And the card displays are way too hard to read (either my eyes are bad cause I have the stomach flu right now, or my eyes are bad period).

I endorse ESPN's World Series of Poker.