Thursday, November 01, 2001

Halloween, oh yeah, the best holiday of the year. I've been looking forward to this holiday for quite a wihle now. Let's take you through the spooooooooooooooky day of Halloween 2001.

After Poli Sci lecture, i was walking back to my apartment when I saw on Library Walk a table selling Carne Asada burritos for $5. Of course i love burritos, so I got in line with this other guy. We were the first oens since they just started cooking, and the handmade burritos were pretty good, which came with salsa and chips.

Thing is when they gave it to me and as I walked away, they forgot to take $5 from me.

I took a good long nap at my apartment until my physics class started @ 1:25. We got out a few minutes early, so I decided to mull around on library walk since it seems very rambunctious.

First off, I went back to the table selling burritos and gave em $5. They didn't understand why, but then I explained to them what had happened, and confusingly but gratefully took the money from me. I couldn't have that on my conscience if I had not paid them the cash. Fundraising is hard work.

I saw the Lambdas asking people to become marrow donors. I had 15 minutes till my class @ center hall, so I figured it was worth a humanitarian shot. After filling out the application which signs your life away, I received my vile. My first reaction was, "why is this vile so big???" The doctor guy was like "it's small, only 7 mLs". So I sat down in the chair, and I was nervous because I knew this was going to hurt. So the guy gave me the inflatable squeeze thing to hold onto while he takes my blood sample. All the guys and girls around me are getting a kick of my exaggerated pain as I yell out "this HURTS like SHIT". After I survived the ordeal everyone gave me a pat on the back for kicking ass.

So I was going to Math class. But then I was stopped by a dude asking for credit card applications. I said sure, fuck it i have 5 minutes left. But I shouldn't have done this application. He immediately asks for my student ID, and takes a digital camera picture of it, which means i'm screwed. So as I always do, I put down fake names, addresses, and phone numbers on the applications. And he didn't tell me how MANY there were. There were 5 applications, and it took me fucking 20 minutes to do it. I got to class at 2:45, all for a 20 minute calling card. Damn it.

Anyway I get to class, and take notes for the rest of the remaining class. Meanwhile I am still holding my arm, which smarts from the pain. I had to hold this cotten ball with a band aid for at least 10 minutes so it won't turn black and blue and make my arm fall off.

Finally, end of math class. Time for my favorite time of the week: HIGH SCHOOL CONFERENCE MEETING!

yes, i love these things. They're always fun. BUT first, it was Facilitator training @ the PC cove!

Michelle had this cool Medusa costume, and I found out why David always goes by CoyoteCap; he came dressed as a Phoenix Coyote defenseman. Training went as it did last year, where it was important for you to learn what to do when your group discussions are not going as planned. Important strategies are like easing them into conversation, and setting ground rules from the beginning to stop the talkative people.

Then it was off to the HSC meeting. I was late of course, but I was having fun at the Facilitator meeting (shhhhhhhh, don't tell Janet or Steph! haha). Anyway they were doing introductions and I took a seat. I dropped my candy onto the table and put on my costume: the return of the Dirty Old Man. In 11th grade, my history teacher couldn't stop laughing. And when passing out candy at home, I made this 6 year old start crying because he was scared of old people for some reason. Anyway we got our business done, and dumbass me forgot to bring the stupid cover of our program. Bad aldrin, bad bad aldrin.

After that, we got out at 9:45pm, and it was time to GET YA FREAK ON at cK1!

I have heard that there are HOT girls at this annual event hosted by the Chinese American student association and Korean American student association (hence the C and the K, making the dance called cK1. Yeah it took me a while to figure that out). Anyway I cracked my glowsticks, tied them together with a string, then headed on over to the PC ballroom.

Everyone was still standing around, so I pocketed my glowsticks and looked for peole I knew. I saw john and david and even michael from the apsa hsc there. Armando, Jeff baker, Cat, and Dave all showed up too. Bridge 2000 showed up with Kathleen Amanda Jill and Morse alumni showed up including Ram and Tidiane and Vinh. Abel and Brian were there, and Nick too, and then other people showed up throughout the night. Ronnel came decked out in his Fantasia stuff, which worked hella good with his blue photons.

Now the hip hop was bumping for a while, and then the booty shaking contest came! But they didn't have it on stage, they had it on the floor, so if you were in the back you couldn't see shit. But my above average height for the average asian male worked to my advantage, and I saw some good shaking. This team of a black guy and asian girl won the $50 prize. And yeah, it's $50, EACH, in CASH.

Then more hip hop was playing. It was only a matter of time before the techno came and the raver crew would take over the floor.

More hip hop for a half hour.

Still more hip hop. I go to the DJ area, ask some guy if there is any techno trance or house. The guy isn't sure.

It's been 3 hours into the dance, these fools aren't playing any techno or trance or house. In fact, when they rotate the DJs, they didn't meet up with each other to make sure they don't REPEAT their songs! Those dumbasses, we ended up hearing "i got hoooooooooes" three different times. And they played old shit like "only you" and "it's all about the benjamins"

See, we had our glowsticks, and we're like what the fuck is going on. During a rap song, my friend Neil broke out his glowsticks. They were the same ones I had, so I brought mine out. Ronnel brought out his blue photons. So the three of us were off to the side playing with the lights, just because we were so fucking bored. So it was the three of us and our friends just messing around with the lights.

30 seconds later, we look around. A huge ass crowd gathered around us. We're like "hmmmmm, shit.". So we went nuts and started spinning and flinging and tossing our lights and sticks. We kicked ass, chicks were like "ooooo, look at those guys!" People were all envious. That was so fucking great. Good job neil and ronnell, haha.

Ok, it's now 12:30, and there has been 100% hip hop and 0 techno. What the hell, are they ever going to play anything except old dr. dre and rap shit. Everyone left in disgust. It got so boring.

I left at 12:45am, at the very end. The consensus was, "um yeah, whatever ck1. good effort on the djs".

The best part: meeting friends that I haven't seen in a long time, and making some new ones too
The worst part: the poor playlist and lack of variety of music

If I had to do it again, would i?
Hell yeah, everyone liked the glowsticks.