Tuesday, May 13, 2003

ok so i'm really annoyed at myself right now because i just realized how many blunders i've made this quarter:

1. Not enrolling in summer school, ECE 107 and ECON 100A

Because i waited so long to decide if i wanted to go to summer school, when i finally did, all the classes i could have taken were now full, so i have to take them in the fall now. I'm on a whole bunch of waitlists, but it's not likely that i'll be able to beat any of those waitlists and i'll be stuck taking 4 classes in the fall quarter, and here are some numbers:

average GPA with 3 classes / quarter = 3.2
average GPA with 4 classes / quarter = 2.25

2. Not applying for financial aid

I should have just made a FAFSA out just to have one on file. I never filled one out because we always get rejected by the price ceiling. But now i'm totally eligible for it (if you don't know how, i'm not going to tell you), but it's too late to get summer financial aid because i didn't file the FAFSA back in March. Stupid aldrin, stupid! Now my family will have to front several hundred dollars in summer school tuition.

3. Failing the ECE 108 midterm

ECE 165 is the next class I have to take after ECE 108, but the problem is, ECE 165 is only offered in the winter. If i don't pass 108 this Spring, i'll have to wait till next Winter to retake 108, but then that means i have to wait ANOTHER year to take 165. Staying an extra quarter at UCSD will approximately cost $1000 in total tuition. That basically makes the ECE 108 final worth $1000, and if I get a B or lower, i'm not going to pass the class. I'm such an idiot! Why didn't i study? I gave too much time to extra curriculars that I ignored studying, and now i'm on the brink of costing my family so much money to send me to school for another quarter.

4. Summer School enrollment, CSE 141

I didn't even see that there was a CSE 141 class offered in the summer, so I need to go to the actual CSE department and have them clear me to get onto the waitlist. If i acted sooner, I might not have to be in a spot where i'm lucky just to get on a waitlist. SLOW, aldrin!


i feel like such a dumbass sometimes. Maybe it's because i do dumb things to shoot myself in the foot. I'm so freakin annoyed at myself right now, i'm just going to go play CS and go to sleep, to forget this ECE 108 lab report which i'm doing on my own...